Isn’t it a great day to learn something, to learn English?
I am willing to assist you in making your learning brain-friendly and exciting!
I would like to teach you, to share with you everything that I know and that you would like to learn! I enjoy this sharing so much! Sharing is so rewarding! When you share, you enrich yourself – this is so right. I am a facilitator – I will enhance your motivation and facilitate your learning, make it enjoyable and, of course effective by means of using all the different techniques, methods and approaches, which I always adjust to an individual. Together, we will study your individual predominant learning style to identify what type of learner you are and then make the most of it!
• I am a certified English teacher having 23 years of teaching experience embracing very different ages and levels of students studying various aspects of the language (speaking, grammar, writing, reading, listening), preparing for different types of exams (Cambridge Exams; IELTS, TOEFL) and studying English for Special purposes
• I have a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English which is equivalent to the level of a native speaker (Level C2 by international scale)
• I am an accredited Cambridge Examiner for all Cambridge Exams (YLE, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC (all the 3 levels of BEC)), ICFE, which also means that I can ensure the comprehensive and qualified assistance with preparation for any of these exams.
• As for my other credits, in 2008 I was awarded the highest prize in teaching – I won in the nomination ”The Best Teachers of Russia” in the Russian National Project “Education”
• I am the author of my own course “Learning to learn” and the special “Course of St. Petersburg guides”
• I have been to the USA on an exchange programme with my students, where I had a chance to perfect my English and to teach Russian to the Americans
• I travel to the UK very often, and I have also been to England and Scotland on a programme of study and work, which gave me an insight into native speakers’ teaching methods and strategies.
I can say that I am philosophically, emotionally and spiritually committed, I am a continuous learner always trying to upgrade my teaching skills and to draw on the concepts from psychology, sociology and related disciplines into my teaching.
So, our learning is bound to be fun and our work – productive!
And don’t worry if you haven’t enjoyed learning English yet because learning is learnable!